Thursday, November 20, 2008

Welcome to MIT, Dr. Cox!

So, here I am in Cambridge, MA. OK. Technically I'm across the street from MIT, but a girl can dream. After we arrived this evening and had some dinner (crummy hamburgers at the free hospitality event at the hotel) we went for a walk around MIT and discovered the Stata Center which, as far as we could tell, is the main student center on campus. The architecture of the buildings is absolutely fascinating! Here are some pics:





The middle one looks like a metal version of the Old Woman who lived in a shoe. The very square, straight architecture in Utah gets a bit boring, so this was really fun for me.

The rest of the night will be spent planning out our conference experience and getting some work done and then the real fun will begin tomorrow. I'll try to get some notes and pics up on the blog each day that I'm here, so keep checking in!

No comments: